DOING THE COURT
Intimate, secluded, collected, quiet, infested with greenery, square as well as arched.
The courtyard of the Cini house goes back to the 15th century. What today is a single agglomeration was originally, even in the 14th century, a complex of three houses.
From their unification, towards 1460, the courtyard was obtained as a meeting ground: in the center a well, on one side a small loggia with columns, at the top to connect the two buildings a gallery supported on semi-columns by structures protrusions who still know of the Middle Ages, the baldresche.
To enjoy a few moments of this glimpse of Ferrara, it is possible to ring the bell of the building, now home to the Catholic weekly La Voce and the Institute of Religious Sciences, ask the courtesy to come in and have a peek and sit down for a few moments on a step or bench . Peace is guaranteed.
Test & Photos by FERRARA LOVELY PLANET